What is The Winkle?
Do you see those fun and educational DIY projects for kids on the Internet? Who has the time to shop around for all that stuff? And do you really need a pack of 50 purple puff balls just so your child can use 1? And then you have to look up instructions and try to figure out the project only to discover you need a 1” button. (based on many true stories)
The Winkle is the quick and easy solution to all of that. With your monthly subscription, your child will be sent 4 STEM based DIY style projects every month. Did we say 4? Yes we did!
What do I get with a monthly subscription?
With three boxes to choose from, you’re sure to find one that fits your family’s needs.
- Fun for One: 4 DIY projects every month
- Two can Do: 2 of the same 4 DIY projects every month
- Smarty Party: 4 DIY project, 2 repeat project, 1 exclusive project, coupons, and a free gift every month
- Every subscriber has access to online instructional videos that teach STEM/STEAM concepts and promote ingenuity and creativity in a fun and encouraging way.
Who is The Winkle for?
The Winkle is for kids aged 6-11. With a little help, 4-5 year olds have enjoyed The Winkle projects as well.
Warning: Small pieces are not suitable for children 3 and under.
What makes The Winkle different from other subscription boxes out there?
We love talking about what makes us different!
- Video Instructions! We have found that most children are more attentive, learn better, and remember more with audio/visual learning. Our videos are fun, engaging, and informative.
- Open ended challenges. We give the kids enough information to learn the concepts being taught and the ability to create the finished product. Children are then challenged to take those concepts to build and create their own version. Every result will be different.
- FOUR projects a month. When most subscription boxes give your child one project a month, The Winkle gives them FOUR! That’s hours of educational involvement every month.
- All STEM/STEAM. While most subscription boxes focus on one area of learning, The Winkle includes all STEAM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math). Every project includes one or more of these categories of learning.
What if I want to give a subscription as a gift?
Absolutely! We find The Winkle subscription makes the perfect gift that parents appreciate and kids love. Instead of more toys that are played with for a few days, The Winkle subscription will engage the children all year long.
Can I just buy an individual box without subscribing?
Yes! Visit The Winkle Store to see all of our available products, boxes, gifts, and more.
How can I get a discount on The Winkle box?
There are a few ways to save on your Winkle box:
- Yearly subscribers get one month free.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be a part of our referral program.
- Follow us on social media or check your child’s monthly box for the latest promotions and discounts.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Of course! You are not locked in to a contract and you can cancel any time before your next billing cycle (the 15th of each month).